Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Big Boy Bed!



We set up Andrew's new bed just before his 2nd Birthday and boy did he love it. He wanted to play in it all the time and would constantly say "up" so we would lift him to the top bunk. We weren't quite ready for him to sleep in it so we kept putting him in the crib to sleep. One night he decided he was ready for his bed and marched right in when we said it was bedtime and knelt down to say prayers by the bunk bed. We said prayers and gave him some toys to play with and said good night. We left the room with no thought that he would stay and didn't hear anything from him after that. This is what we found when we went back to check on him and he hasn't been back in his crib since. What a big boy!

6 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

SOOOOOO awesome! I can't wait for Michelle to discover the joy of the Big Kid Bed.

Jeff and Nanci said...

That is so cute Tallie. I can't believe it was that easy. He has such a cute smile. I love the one of him on the top bunk. Adorable!

The Lewis' said...

Lucky You! I'm so glad you didn't have to endure the horror story I told you about getting Hallie in her big kid bed.

Emily Rose said...

That is way exciting! I am glad he is sleeping in his big boy beds, and when we have our sleepovers we can both sleep on the bunk bed now!! Also I love my doll in the bed sleeping with him, it makes me happy. Love you guys

Brittany said...

SO cute!! Can you believe your baby is big enough to sleep in a real bed?! crazy!!

Toby and Tammy said...

I love his big boy bed! I can't believe how grown up he is getting.